Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all
I just started feeding my pleco Zucchini (om nom nom) and i was wondering how long it can stay in the tank without creating problems.

·
Queen Platy
932 Posts
+1 with Susan

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i just left a slice in for about 4 hours and now notice that my water is cloudy... common experiences anyone?

·
Pleco n bn breeder n BOSS
7,685 Posts
The only time I have ever had that happen was when my tank had been left without water changes for 3 weeks without water changes because I was in the hospital and took a few days before I was able to do a water change after I got home. But still fed the zuchinni.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
I leave them in longer actually. For various reasons though. I'll start with Otos, the fry will snarf them better when they become more mushy. So until it floats to the top or becomes fuzzy, I leave them in there.

Now for my plecs...BNPs and Clowns. I just leave them in until gone which is usually about a day and a half. The BNPs in particular treat it like cotton candy when it gets to a certain point. I'll drop couple slices in, they'll pick at it. After about a day, then they act like ravenous pirhana's and just attack it like crazy. Fun to watch thats for sure. ;o)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's interesting. The coudyness of my water didnt make me too happy, but i also found i very small pieve that had evaded me, and was probably in there for too long causing that. Plus, i had also just filled to tank to maximum capacity, and i think that the cloudyness if normal particles in the water, im just able to see it more cause the water is closer to the light bulbs now. either way, water levels are fine, and no one is acting strangely.
But yes, my pleco loves the zucchini, and my black moors love it too - just the mushy part with the seeds on the inside. i hand feed that to them and its really great :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts