Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm new, and well I just got a 55 gallon aquarium!!! YAY. Anyways I decided to register to a fish tank forum and this is the one I picked! Already have i think 24 fish and its going well, im very happy with it and all. I hope to learn lots from fellow fish, such as yourselves.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Welcome to the forum.looking forward to seeing pictures.I would tell you how to upload them but looks like you have it figured out.Because i see you have one in your gallery:)

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
Did you by any chance cycle the tank first? If not you will need to do frequent and almost half water changes to help the fish keep from suffering from ammonia poisoning. They will also need to have ammonia testing, nitrite testing and nitrate testing done to see how the levels are doing during the cycle period.

I do want to welcome you to the forum and urge you to read up on the Nitrogen Cycle. It is possible to get through it with fish in the tank but more difficult than without. We will be able to direct you how to do this hopefully with no fish loss. Thank you for joining and we are here for you.

Rose

Reactions: JIM
1 - 8 of 8 Posts