Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share some pics of my yellows. These are room mates to my Oto's. All live together peacefully and with (4) briggs snails.

Party at the zuc:

One of my favs...the zucchini donut:

·
Banned
1,148 Posts
Very nice indeed !! tell us somthing about these shrimp, im guessing they like cucumber slices *pc

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very nice indeed !! tell us somthing about these shrimp, im guessing they like cucumber slices *pc
Zucchini actually. [num yummy for them *pc] [ralph for me *y2]

I got one sole CRS in there (as seen in pic). He was a stow away. I'll have to get another tank set up for him and get him some mates. Don't want to add anything else to this tank.

I have ghosties in another tank, greens that should be here today and blues on order.

Not that I like shrimp or anything. *#3

The yellows share the same confines as the Oto family and some briggs. Same specs on the tank as the Otos:

Temp: 74
PH: ~ 7.4
NH3 0
NO2 0
NO3 40

Haven't tested my GH or KH in a spell but I suspect it has dropped since my DIY Co2 ran out a bit ago. I have recently recharged the bottle and we're back in the green.

It's actually time to thin the yellow herd out a bit.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like that one crystal red in the corner. Have you seen the Blue tiger shrimps? A real deep blue compared to the blue pearl shrimp.
Yes...blue tigers are very nice...and a tag on the $$ side. But not as bad as Sulawesi shrimps. I've been fighting off the urge to get some cardinals.

·
Aqua Addict
292 Posts
where is a good place to get shrimp? I bought some ghost shrimp at my LFS can only one has lived. He is going on 5 months in my tank and I want to get him some friends but the stores no longer have ghosts.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ghosties are usually pretty easy to find as they are feeders. PetSmart usually carries them as well if you have one near you.

As for other shrimpies, I will occassionally (rare occassion at that) see red cherries at the LFS. Other than that, you will have to look online to get them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts