Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
New Member Manager
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, im really interested in setting up a Yellow lab cichlid tank. Although they are part of the mbuna african cichlid family, they are one of the most docile of the mbuna.

Are there any possible tank mates that could go along with the yellow lab? They will be going in a 30 gallon tank. How many could fit in there? What tank mates could there be, if any?

THANKS! :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
They can hold their own against most mbuna. The classic - yellow lab + demasoni tank looks really nice, but since you are putting them in a 30g I would not recommend the demasoni. Instead, I would recommend salousi with a BN pleco for algae control.

·
Registered
67 Posts
if I make a yellow lab and salousi tank, how many of each should I put in the tank?

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!
Well that depends on what size tank. For instance 20g=2(1 of each or 2 of the same). labidochromis caeruleus can attain a size of up to 8" where as the Pseudotropheus saulosi(i think thats what you mean by salousi) only reach a max size of about 3".Based on the max sizes of these Mbuna cichlids you will need atleast a 20/30g or bigger to comfortably house them,with lots of rocks/caves/places to hide.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts