Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Aqua Addict
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just moved my 55 gallon tank to my new house. My friends were fish sitting for me for the past year and well... my tank is rough.

The plants I have left are a bunch of green crypts, some money wart, and a few red tiger lotus. My light is a current Satellite LED+ and I'm not thrilled with it so Im getting a Finnex Planted 24/7 SE

I'd love to get some trimmings for someone to spruce my tank back up. Spiral Vals, christmas moss, etc

Once my tank is established I'd love some shrimp. Any recommendations on where to get some good ones? I've had cherry shrimp in the past and enjoy watching them scurry around.

·
Suffers from TMT syndrome
355 Posts
I am currently (started last night, still have more work to do so probably tonight) working on trimming my wife's shrimp tank, if you want to pay for shipping (small flat rate box is $6.10), I can send you various plants (I have a LOT of what I am guessing is hygrophila corymbosa [definitely genus, not 100% on species], I let a small piece float because I didn't know where to plant it, and with high light and CO2, and 6 months, I pulled a gallon ziploc bag out last night of just that), as well as several others, though none of which you specified. I can try to get a new picture tonight of the tank (meant to last night and forgot), but you can see most of the plants here: http://www.aquariumforum.com/f15/my-major-tank-swap-102521.html

The shrimp I have are still recovering from a bio-overload/crashed cycle when I ended up with a HUGE snail outbreak after swapping tanks (apparently I didn't get all the snail eggs out like I thought I had, and nothing in the tank to thin them out, plus my wife and I over-feeding them because we didn't realize the other was feeding the tank), so I do not have any shrimp for sale. However, I have ordered shrimp from the following 3 sites:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/794525210586714/
The Aquatic Shrimp Shack (a local guy for me who breeds out of Hampton Roads, VA)
and the ever present AquaBid.com - Invertebrates Auctions - Mon Jun 5 08:23:40 2017

·
Aqua Addict
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
None of the picture work on my phone or computer. I'd pay for a shipping box if you haven't gotten rid of the plants. Let me know.

·
Aqua Addict
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Susankat if I haven't found some plants by then I'll see what you can send me. Should be picking up some plants from a local guy, well 1 hour away, but its where I go to shop. He has plants and several shrimp varieties. So if it works out I'll get some plants tomorrow and then shrimp I'm a week or two.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts