Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
fenix
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked on eBay and aquabid, plus I've run an ad here with no luck so far- Looking to buy some female kribs for breeding purposes- not a fish farmer, just a guy w/ 8 tanks, so I only need two. These are the Malawi variety (most common) - red and gold w/ peacock spots in their tails/dorsals.

·
fishboydanny
584 Posts
there is a place in north miami called Neighborhood Fish Farm, and yes, they are open to the public. they are a great place, and have adult kribs last time i checked (plenty of them). if you can make a trip down there, they'll probably have them.

here's their website: Neighborhood Fish Farm - Miami's Best Fresh Water Aquarium and Pond Tropical Fish

NOTE: thsi place does have a problem with hookworm on their livebearers (haven't had an incedent in cichlids yet), so if you do go there, be absolutely sure to quarentine the newbies. other than that, they do have GREAT fish... i go there often.

·
fenix
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TY, Dan- isn't the fish farm's owner also a club member?
- Would you mind checking this out and asking (if it's true) , would he bring a couple of females in to the next meeting? If he's not a member, maybe you could pick a couple up for us-- ?? If he's not a member, maybe you could pick a couple up for us-- ??
Vic Kane is looking for a female too, and he's driving us down to the next meeting..
(It's a 150-mile trip for us, otherwise- and if you don't ship, but pick up instead, you save the shipping costs- which probably are more than what the fish cost these days)- -
BTW, how are the red wags that Joanie gave you?

·
fishboydanny
584 Posts
hate to say it, but the majority of the platies got sick and died... one is with my teacher though, but it's a male...

i dont think that the neighborhood fish farm owner is a member, but maybe i can convince my parents to bring me down there soon... so i should pick up 3 female kribs for the next meeting? (btw, i won't put them up for auction, just to avoid risking them going to someone else)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts