Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I have a 22 gallon freshwater hex tall tank and because I mistakenly purchased a green dotted puffer the gentlemen at the LFS suggested I put in 2 teaspoons of salt, because the puffer likes his water a little salty.

Long story short, I had to find the puffer a new good home. :(

If I do regular water changes/gravel cleanings once a week of 25% (is that too much? I'm new to this stuff) will that eventually remove the salt? Is it hurting anything being in there? The fish seem ok with it (one regular cat, one whip tail cat, 6 zebras, a snail and an oranda) but my water seems cloudier then usual.

Appreciate any help! :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Yes, it will remove the salt and no harm should be done. This will actually help a bit with your oranda that is healing right now.

A little salt can be good to add to fresh water and harmless, except if you have live plants or scale-less fish like corydoras cats.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, it will remove the salt and no harm should be done. This will actually help a bit with your oranda that is healing right now.

A little salt can be good to add to fresh water and harmless, except if you have live plants or scale-less fish like corydoras cats.
You are the best! :)

I do believe my one cat is a corydoras cat (just goggled the image, never heard that name before), so I guess the quicker I get it cleaner the better. Noodle is one of my favorite fish. The whip tailed cat is named Devo, but we almost never see him, he hides. :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts