Aquarium Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My widow tetra fishes are dying one by one.They seem to float around with lack of control and seems gasping for air.I have quarantined this fish and added some common salt to help it breathe.
It is now floating in the surface and opening and closing its mouth repeatedly.
Is this some kind of infection that spreads.Please advise

Water Liquid Fluid Fin Fish

Attachments

Registered
My widow tetra fishes are dying one by one.They seem to float around with lack of control and seems gasping for air.I have quarantined this fish and added some common salt to help it breathe.

View attachment 32186
Not knowing much about your chemistry, my first thoughts are low oxygen, untreated tap water, or acidic ph.

Registered

View attachment 32186
Hi! I'm The Fish Lady!馃槂nice to meet you.馃槈
I'm sorry to hear this...
Yes, check your water parameters and it sounds like they are having trouble breathing.
Do you have irrigation for your aquarium, an air pump and some sort of air stone? Just asking, for I'm not there to see, hon... I have them for all of my own aquariums.

Registered

View attachment 32186
Yes, check your water parameters and it sounds like they are having trouble breathing.
Do you have irrigation for your aquarium, an air pump and some sort of air stone? Just asking, for I'm not there to see, hon... I have them for all of my own aquariums.

Registered

View attachment 32186

Registered

View attachment 32186

Registered

View attachment 32186

1 - 15 of 15 Posts