Aquarium Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She has been acting like this ever since I got her and that was like 3-4 days ago. My female just died from something but I don’t know what. I have another betta with swim bladder. Pls help, what does she have?
Wood Gas Flooring Soil Room
Wood Gas Flooring Soil Room

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi,
Is she like that when you got her? And when is the last time you wash the tank and the decorations? Is she eating? When she swims, does she swim straight? Can you take a picture of her swimming if possible.
Thanks!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I could not tell. But yeah I think that’s when it was happening. I am going to clean the tank tomorrow but I just put her in that tank to. When she lays there her bod looks like is swiveled and and bent in the middle. Like after the breed. No I don’t think she is eating.
Water Vertebrate Underwater Organism Body of water

·
Registered
54 Posts
It is swim bladder disease. And it is very easy to cure. You just need to put her in a tank without gravel or decoration(bare bottom tank). You can add some live plants and indian almond leaves or dried banana leaves and some aquarium salt. Lower the water level until it is 1 or 2 inches of water to reduce the movement of the betta so the tail will go back to normal. She will heal between 1 -2 months and don't forget to feed high protein food. If she still doesn't eat you need to feed her live foods. Don't turn on the filter and pump as this will stress her and may die.
Just add live plants and change her water regularly.
Hope your betta will heal!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah okay will do, my fish star just passed away a few min ago from swim bladder I was trying to cure he was a resucue from petco. 😢😩😭🥺

PETCO,PETSMART,PETVAULE, stope selling bettas ur hurting them!!! 😩😭

1 - 12 of 12 Posts