Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again,
I've noticed a while ago that there was these white flattish dots on some of my rocks in my tank. Before, they were only a coulple of them. No problema. Then, two weeks ago, I got some a couple new frags for my tank, and the dotty infestation seemed to increase majorly. I was just wondering if anyone has seen or heard of anything like this, or anyway to get rid of them.
Also, in my frags I bought, I got a little suncoral with 5+ cups that have so far refused to open up. I've been trying moving food by it after the lights are turned off and some of my powerheads are turned off to tempt it open, but nothing has worked so far. I know its alive for the moment, since the center part always seems to be more closed or open in the morning compared to at night, and its cup is much fuller than it was when I first got it, but it hardly open at all. Is there anything else I can do to tempt the coral to open?

·
Registered
43 Posts
coby
turn your lights off for about 1 hour with no flow in the tank. and then put a some cyclop-eeze over it and cover it with a glass cup and see if that helps. and were are you in pa I'm in Tobyhanna
zona

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its cody actually, but I'll try what you said, but wouldn't I have to leave one my power filter running since it would kill the beneficial bacteria to have it off for that long? Oh, I live by johnstown.

·
Registered
43 Posts
cody sorry my stupid fingers
no it will not kill any of your bacteria. I leave all my stuff of but the light for about 2 hours when if feed both of my tanks. and never had any problems.
criag

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats alright. I was just checking because of what I heard from others. I'll see if that'll work to get them to open.
Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts