Aquarium Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 3 new rainbows have cotton like fleece growing on their mouths.

I have put them in a hospital tank and dosed the tank with Kanaplex, Metroplex, Paraguard, aquarium salt, Furan 2, Meth Blue (small amount). Symptoms have been improving for a few days now. The cotton like stuff has been gradually disappearing. Fishes are eating gaily and swimming actively.

for how long should I keep up this cocktail of meds and additives after all symptoms are gone?

Attachments

·
Registered
321 Posts
Hi!😃 I'm sorry to hear about your babies not feeling well and you did the correct thing by isolating them.
They have Cotton Wool Disease and it's caused be bacteria from stress. The water needs to be below 80 F. You need to test the water parameters, their fish diet, fish compatiblity and any recent fish added and decor. I do hope that this helps. They mentioned that a vet needs to give them antibiotics?
I hope everything goes good again soon for you all.😃
My 3 new rainbows have cotton like fleece growing on their mouths.

I have put them in a hospital tank and dosed the tank with Kanaplex, Metroplex, Paraguard, aquarium salt, Furan 2, Meth Blue (small amount). Symptoms have been improving for a few days now. The cotton like stuff has been gradually disappearing. Fishes are eating gaily and swimming actively.

for how long should I keep up this cocktail of meds and additives after all symptoms are gone?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts