Aquarium Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, so I’ve had my WCM for almost a year now. And I have male and females but they don’t seem to breed no matter how much I condition them. I’ve even got to a point where I fed them brine shrimp twice a day but nothing. They show signs of breeding behavior but I have not seen anything happen and no fry. I would really love to see some fry. Does anyone know what could be happening?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hi guys, so I’ve had my WCM for almost a year now. And I have male and females but they don’t seem to breed no matter how much I condition them. I’ve even got to a point where I fed them brine shrimp twice a day but nothing. They show signs of breeding behavior but I have not seen anything happen and no fry. I would really love to see some fry. Does anyone know what could be happening?
Hi! I'm The Fish Lady! 😃 it's nice to meet you.
They're usually really easy to breed...hmmm...you need to be sure there are a lot of them in your tank and only them...they are egg droppers and aren't very good parents, actually... You need to have like plants that they can hide in....there should be like 2 males and 4 females so that they can pair off.
Check your water parameters as well. It seems as fish are particularly picky about this when breeding. As example: how and what Salmon do just to spawn; you know?
There are many online searches you can do to learn, this is definitely what we do; we love the knowledge and such!😃
Good luck and I do hope and pray this will help, our fish buddy!😃

1 - 2 of 2 Posts