Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Looking for a real quiet pump for my sons tank (10 gal.) which is located in his room. I am using some equipment that I had 15 years ago ( kept it for this reason). My current pump is a 1993ish Supra 1 which has a dial diaphram but it sure makes some noise and my son does no like it. In my day, the Silent Giants were the ticket but looks like these are not made anymore. What is out there now that is good quality and is very quiet?. I hear most of the pumps made today are not like they were 15 years ago.

Thanks
Fixit

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just shoot down to your LFS and buy a Whisper.

Most of the brand name cheapy air pumps these days are not the same quality as they were even five years ago, but the prices are much less hard on your wallet.

A cheap air pump for a 10 gallon tank costs no more than 15 dollars, sometimes even far less if you can get a slightly used or etc.

Although no single air pump is completely silent so tell your son he'll have to cope with some background noise ;D

-Brandon

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Just shoot down to your LFS and buy a Whisper.

Most of the brand name cheapy air pumps these days are not the same quality as they were even five years ago, but the prices are much less hard on your wallet.

A cheap air pump for a 10 gallon tank costs no more than 15 dollars, sometimes even far less if you can get a slightly used or etc.

Although no single air pump is completely silent so tell your son he'll have to cope with some background noise ;D
1+++

1 - 5 of 5 Posts