Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand that teh Eheim Stealth heater has the best rating for holding up and not failing as well as for value for price.

Drs Foster And Smith are selling an Eheim Deluxe heater as well for exactly the same price and claim it is their best heater.

On the web I can't find comparative reviews and find the Deluxe generally cheaper than the Stealth.

Which one performs better and is less likely to break down?

Also, Haeger and Marineland both make heaters that look similar and have similar names but cost more money; are either of them actually the same thing as the Eheim Stealth?

Yours,
Dora Smith
[email protected]

·
Mean old dude
12 Posts
well..for starters,as far as i know eheim does not make the stealth heater..marineland does.
eheim i believe,now owns ebo-jager and those heaters are considered one of the tops in the world.do not confuse the brand jebo with ebo..jebo is a cheap chinese product that is of questionable reliability.the eheim/ebo only goes up to 250 watts.for some of my bigger tanks i like 300-400 watts.

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
Between the Visitherm Stealth and the Visitherm Deluxe I will only say that both heaters are lifetime guaranteed but of the two I have had one of the Deluxe break and scatter glass all over a tank and with the Stealth there would be no chance of that happening. I like the looks and overall performance of the Stealth 100% better and I have not ever had one fail me. They do not want to have to give away a free heater when one fails so they build them to last. I really do like them and for the money would have to say that the breakage chance makes it worth any money difference when there is one.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yes it's true Eheim makes Ebo Jagger and in my opinion they are one of the best heaters you can buy. I have used them for years without one single problem. They have 2x the glass thickness of most all other heaters. Very tough.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts