Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard back from Marineland, after contacting them to find out if it's normal for an Eclipse to keep the water 81 degrees (in my 78 degree house) -- which I doubted it was, since they don't label their products as unfit for coldwater fish.

Anyway, the response I received in no way answered my question about the Eclipse, but instead stated "goldfish can survive in temperatures from 39-84 degrees".

I may be a newbie, but tell me if can is not the operative word here. I'm interested in what's ideal, not keeping my poor fantails on the fringe of what they can tolerate before becoming ill and/or dying.

Do I need to locate a new system pronto? Or am I just being neurotic in response to realizing how much goes into proper fishkeeping?

·
Goodwill Ambassador
614 Posts
what filter is it???its an internal filter or what???it would be suitable to see if you can retuen that one and buy another one...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know. (Bear in mind I've only been at this for two weeks now, so I'm ignorant of basically everything!) You can view the list of Eclipse systems on Marineland's site. Mine is a 6.

The trouble is, I bought this online and don't have any alternative tanks to put my two little fantails in. (When I bought them I knew nothing about how much room they'd need, cycling tanks, the whole nine yards.)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts