Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Do not even try Dwarf Baby tears or Glossostigma. Everyone loves the looks of these from various shows but they require a lot of water movement, light, and CO2. Most are actually grown in a few inches of water and then once there is a lawn, you fill the tank up.

For a basic tank I would suggest Dwarf sags or baby tears (not dwarf). They grow about 2-3in tall and eventually make a decent dense carpet.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Most carpet plants require high light. One of my personal favs is UG (Utricularia Graminifolia).

Another good choice is Dwarf Hair Grass. Instead of letting it all grow to size, keep certain areas trimmed down to give it a lawn look while retaining some to size for contrast.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just saw a picture of the Utricularia Graminifolia and I really like it... just don't know where to buy some. Did see an auction on eBay but it's realy no more then just 1 or two strands for $10 after shipping.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't see how some people get this carpeted look even with high light. I see their tanks and they've got bright lights but there are so many plants creating tons of shadows.... how is all the light getting to the tank bed?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts