·
Registered
6,072 Posts
Make it a shrimp aquarium.

·
New Member Manager
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that crossed my mind and to be honest with you, that was what i would like to see happen. what plants do u think are good for a 2.5g which STAY SMALL? i know freshwater shrimp like cherries need plants. what substrate? lighting? filtration? plants? how many shrimp? how to decorate?

thanks a bunch

·
Bullheads Rock My Socks
98 Posts
a shrimp tank would be neat, but if that doesnt work out maybe you could make make a nice planted tank with a small group of the blacklight tetras...they would be a wow tank during the night with the glow they have...and since they are barelly an inch they should be ok for 3 or 4...it owuld be tight quarters but they are schooling fish

·
Registered
719 Posts
Shrimp tank for sure, cover the entire bottom of the tank in java moss. Put in maybe like a beta and 6 or7 shrimp

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
I would not put any other fish in the aquarium. The babies will get eaten up fast. So could the large ones.

·
Queen Platy
932 Posts
I have a 2-3 gallon fish bowl. I am using it to keep my unwanted shrimps. Cause my Blueberry shrimp breeded with my Red Cherry shrimps :(. The unwanted's are grey. I knew it was going to happen but I wanted to see it for myself. The plants I put are Baby Tears, Christmass Moss, Java Moss, and Dwarf Hair Grass. I trim as needed. Shrimps are doing good.

·
Queen Platy
932 Posts
I use plain black gravel and a desk lamp that has one 13w 6500K CFL pigtail spiral light bulb.

·
Queen Platy
932 Posts
Flourite needs lots of rinsing or it will cloud the water. Lighting depends on the plants you keep.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts