Aquarium Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a tiny kitchen tubberwere I want to convert into an aquarium, I want everything in the tank to be
  1. native to western washington
  2. able to live in a less then a galon tank
any ideas? maybe native shrimp or sticklebacks?
Rectangle Food storage containers Gas Automotive exterior Plastic

· Registered
357 Posts
I'm just wondering why you don't get a little 5g tank? In less than a gallon, there aren't any fish that I can think of that you could keep. 5 gallons is even small for all but the smallest of fish.

· Registered
133 Posts
Bro......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

· Registered
beginner freshwater planted aquarium
12 Posts
I'm new to the hobby, but I would think that this is too small for most fish. I recently had to buy a second small 5 gallon tank with built in lights , thermometer and filter. It's now my hospital tank / quarantine tank. You can find them at most stores, I live in China and in USD it set me back.....(converting)...$30. I had a spare heating rod and air stone but I'd recommend them. I'm not sure which fish are native to washington but I'd recommend Betta from my limited experience. They have so much character and would be comfortable in a 5G with some plants / deco. My betta follows my finger when i dip it in, and even rubs against it like my cats do.

· Registered
133 Posts
You could say it's too small for any fish that could be conceivable visible through all that plastic. I would really go see if I could find a spare aquarium box o glass about 2 gallons in size and you could probably use a desktop light for the lighting. put a small bag o sand in there and some nice water if you use tap just dechlorinate it or add some sort of water conditioner, toss it in gently enough so as to not disturb that sand, don't add any plants because the tank is probably too small, maybe get a small 5 gallon filter of some sort (preferably a quiet one), get a heater that might be tricky to find... and toss a guppy in there after the tank is cycled.

Seriously, it's cruel to keep fish in less than 2 gallons in my opinion. Shrimps are okay, but I've never kept those. Try seeing if you can find some native crabs?? It's really a fantasy to me to keep the kind of system you want. I'm just trying to change your mind... haha.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts