Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
rams are not predators imo.

unfortunately there are not a lot of options for predators in a 10g.
your best bet is probably one of the dwarf species of pufferfish. there are a few out there that will work in a 10g tank.

another option, and my personal favorite, would be exodon paradoxus. (bucktooth tetras). however, they need to be in a group of 6 or more, and 6 in a 10g is pusing the limits of general stocking rules. in order to pull this off you will need excessive filtration and you will need to upkeep a regular WC schedule.

·
Pleco n bn breeder n BOSS
7,685 Posts
A 10 gal is also to small for a pair of rams in the long run as its harder to keep the water quality up to par for them.

There are a few killies that can be territorial and a 10 gal makes a perfect tank for them. Just make sure you have a tight fitting lid as they are avid jumpers. A small group of pea puffers would look cool in there also.

·
fishboydanny
584 Posts
what about the dwarf pike?

·
Registered
192 Posts
what are pea puffers, i would like something to put in my 10 gal once my red belly piranha out grows it. The Pea puffer sounds interesting.

·
Registered
192 Posts
well, i just finished doing some reading on dwarf puffers. they sound like great little fish. I read 1 dwarf puffer per 5 gal, so i could put 2 in my 10 gal tank when the piranha leaves it.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Do you have a bigger tank for them to move into when they get bigger??

If so, an Oscar or a Piranha would do well in a 10 gallon tank. A REALLY REALLY small Oscar or piranha would fit..

·
Banned
24 Posts
Mosquitofish!! they look like wild type fem,ale Guppies but they are absolutely the most aggressive fish i have ever owned...i once had one try to attack a Cobra Guppy...that was in the tank next to it! it went after a fish that was 2 glass panes away...lol

·
The Aquarium Expert
127 Posts
Yeah They Are Great Fish!!!!
Get Atleast 3 or 4 in a 10 gallon tank.
Try Getting 3 Females and 1 Male. Males Have Wrincles By There Eyes And They Have Lines Going Down There Bellies.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts