Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wish I could get a picture but it was so small it's just not possible with my crappy picture taking skills. I still don't know how to take a decent picture of my tank.

Anyway, the only reason why I saw this is because I was looking at a piece of drift wood REALLY closely. I noticed a small clear looking sack that appeared to have small white dots inside. Didn't seem to move on it's own but it was hard to tell with the flow of the water. What could that be? I checked a few minutes later and it was gone. I noticed the same thing on the gravel bed a few days later but it too was gone fairly quicky. I have several types of tetras, live bearers, and a school of danios as well as Angels.

·
Registered
216 Posts
They are snail eggs I would guess. They usually appear as you described.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What kind of snail eggs? I have Olive's that leave these little white seeds everywhere but they won't hatch in fresh water. These look like something else entirely. I do have some generic snails.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I used to ramshorn snails that would leave those treats in my hob filters in mass quantities. After a week I would have hundreds of tiny snails every were. Had to give away whole setup tank gravel filters deco. atfer everthing I tried to get rid of them didnt work. I tried bleach, drying out tank and deco and then bleach, finally I read somewere that loaches eat snails so I got a koolie and a zebra loach it only kept them under control never fully got rid tell I got rid of the tank.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I'm not sure what kind, but I have Ramshorn snails in my tank...got them from one plant or another, I certainly am not overrun with them, however. Not really sure why, I've heard stories of people being inendated.

I'm definitely not experienced enough to determine type of snail eggs from a description :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts