Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got 3 fish today from a friend.

They are about 1 inch long, swimming upright (like a black tetra), they have kinda clear bodies, black dorsal fins, red tail and "underneath" fins and they have a black spot about 1/4 inch behind their eye. Fins are big, about 1/3-1/2 inch long.

Does anyone know what kind of fish this is? I'm sure they are not rare, I have just never seen one like these before and I could not find any picture on the internet that matched. My guess is they are some sort of tetra, but I could be wrong.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
38 Posts
The description almost sounds like some form of Red Serpae Tetra. Maybe a longer fin breed? Of course it also kind of sounds a little like A White Fin Rosy Tetra to some extent. Mine have a slightly darker spot behind the eye.

·
fishboydanny
584 Posts
sounds A LOT like a bloodfin tetra; my teacher has some

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi again,

Here is a picture of the mystery fish. You'll have to excuse my poor photography skills, this is the first time I attempt taking pics of my fish. Not easy with a small digital camera.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yup, that is what my Red Serpae look like except mine have shorter fins. Everyone says they can be nippy and mine were for a few hours the first day but after that they have been fine. They share a tank with my 5 Black Skirt Tetra, 3 White Fin Rosy, a Dwarf Gourami, my 2 baby Balas and my baby Iridescent. I have had no problems with them at all.

·
fishboydanny
584 Posts
definetely sepra tetra!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts