Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello there

I got very confused at which section/forum should I post this question of mine... so if its in the wrong place please excuse me :p

this is the fish that I have captured, if anyone could help me to get its name and other valuable info..

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hello Ige, much as I enjoy guessing I think we need a little more information, are they in fresh water or salt water? Did you buy them or catch them in the wild? Are they in warm water or cold water?
Have you tried the fish identification keys on www.fishbase.org?

Reactions: ige

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Ige, much as I enjoy guessing I think we need a little more information, are they in fresh water or salt water? Did you buy them or catch them in the wild? Are they in warm water or cold water?
Have you tried the fish identification keys on www.fishbase.org?

thanks for the fast reply, I found'em in an aquarium somewhere in a SciTech gallery.. the water wasn't warm nor cold, I can't say if its fresh or salt water unfortunately and no I haven't tried the id keys in fishbase.org

the SciTech is in Persian Gulf by in Al khobar city - Saudi Arabia if that would help...

·
Goodwill Ambassador
377 Posts
I'm a little confused, do you mean that you captured the fish in pictures? Forgive me, I do not mean to offend you with my question.

·
Goodwill Ambassador
377 Posts
I heard a news story last week that some mosquito fish were being released to help control the mosquito population which cause disease, and I think that was the area they were talking about.. That looks like the photo I saw on the news. They would be a gambusia species (affinis?), but I don't know which one. But they are a good freshwater fish to have where mosquitos are a problem. They come from Central America

1 - 6 of 6 Posts