Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
IMO you can only put one maybe two fish in the six gallon but two might be pushing it for such a small tank. Try maybe one small percula clown if your into those. As far as coral it all depends on the lighting you have in the tank. A quick description of what you have as far as lighting goes would help.

·
Registered
264 Posts
i believe on the bulbs it should say how many watts it has (i'm not sure though). we can give you more options as far as coral if you find out. but what mediahound suggested sounds good.

·
Registered
264 Posts
it is 18 watts.;)
I think the rule of thumb for lighting is 4-7 watts per gallon. But mediahound is more experience with coral than I am so he might be able give you some more suggestions now that he's got an idea on how many watts you have in your setup.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Zoa's, Xenia, shrooms,

As for fish, you should NOT try a clown in this small of a tank. Look into gobies. there are some really cool crabs, shrimp and snails that can add more movement to the tank.

Is this an all-in-one or are you building this out yourself? I ask because with some better lighting (easier to update if not an all-in-one) you could have some really cool corals in this tank.

·
Registered
264 Posts
i suggested the small percula because i have seen tanks that small with only one in them. maybe they were wrong for doing so. sorry.

·
Registered
264 Posts
that should be a good combo but like the guy said before me, adding a perc might be risky. so you should get more opinions before you go ahead with it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
you can have 1 false perc and a firefish in the tank..false perc look like regular perc's somewhat but dont get as big..also to keep aggression down for coral get a small nem or frogspawn..something the clown can host..

Rick

·
Registered
190 Posts
emerald crabs from your 50g? Well how many I only have one in a 12g nano, and in a 6g it might get aggressive b/c thats such a small tank, even though they are reef safe and calm, but thats a smaller tank. If you do be sure to acclimate them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts