Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this set up from a friend that was moving and didn't want to stay in the aquarium hobby.

55 gal. curved front aquarium, with stand, hood, light, a big air pump and an Emperor 400 filter.

One 8 inch bala shark
one 4 iinch pink gourami
one dragonfish, about 7 inches
a three inch pleco
two unknown fish (he said they were tigerfish, but I googled them and they look nothing like the fish in the tank) about 7 inches each, slender body with thick vertical alternating bands, black and brown/goldenish.

tank already had gravel, and also a lot of decoration, like a pirate ship that i saw at petsmart for 40 bucks!

Also, a 20 gal tank, complete setup as well, with a lone silver dollar , about 5 inches round.

Also, some flake food, some chemicals, a siphon tool, related stuff like nets, some spare filters, and about 90 bucks worth of frozen bloodworms.

All of this for the astronomical price of........

100 bucks.

So, is it a good deal? lol

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
Great deal! Snatch it up if you feel you have the space and want it!!

Rose

·
Registered
192 Posts
sounds like a great deal to me. But it sounds like a lot of BIG fish for a 55gal.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great deal! Snatch it up if you feel you have the space and want it!!

Rose
I did, I had to drive about 2 and a half hours round trip but it was worth it.

And yes, I know they re pretty big so I'm already in the process of finding a bigger aquarium.

Today afte work I'm stopping by petsmart to get me a master test kit and test both tanks so i can get some good pointers on how to keep the fish healty.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I bet the fish alone are worth over what you paid for everything. Post some pics when you can. I love bala's. I had a 6" at one time. I ended up giving him away because at the time he outgrew my tank. I wish i had him now.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Greatest deal! The mystery fish sound like Clown Loaches.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts