Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's not much, but this is what I came up with so far. Not really sure how to take a better picture but you get the idea. Thanks for all your help. Things are going well now if I can just stay on top of the algae. The tint might be a little yellow but that's because of the driftwood and the tannins. It gets a little better as time goes by.

·
discus_dude
215 Posts
do you use co2 diffuser?your driftwood is fine,try to give more plants and create more hiding place...

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not opposed to adding more plants later... kinda wanted to get these established and was hoping the baby tears int he front would spread out on the tank floor. I'll try to get a better picture later. There are a ton of hiding places... not sure where I'd plant anything else right now. I'm starting to get some algae growth and need to get a handle on that first.

·
discus_dude
215 Posts
ok fine.what kind of filter you have?it will be more healthier for your plants if you'll use biological filter.because those bio balls of biological filter is necessary for not only plants growth and for maintaining good water chemistry...

·
Banned
1,148 Posts
I think it looks great for a starter, I wish you luck with the baby tears i never was able to get them to live long, not sure why?? probably because i suck at live plants, keep up what youre doin now, and in no time it will all fall into line, Love the driftwood by the way, and i also like the tannins personally especially with softwater amazon type fishes, they appreciate it :)

·
discus_dude
215 Posts
yes sir.it runs fine.for my discus community aquarium i have 1 eheim canister filter and 1 biological filter...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts