Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Catch and Release
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MediaHound and I will be starting a new forum about individual fish species. Giving profiles about each. One thing we need help with, however. We need pics of the different species.(none off internet, all original) I myself will be doing all common freshwater fish...livebearers, catfish, tetras, barbs, rasboras, rainbowfish, etc.
If you have any pics, send them to me that way I will be able to post the profiles of the fish.

Thanks.

eaglesfan3711

Brett

·
Registered
47 Posts
Where will you be obtaining your profile descriptions? Are you going to be including marine fish as well?

Over the years i've found many sites like the one you are describing that have improper descriptions for many types of fish so best of luck to you on this project and I hope you are lucky enough to collect proper descriptions for your fish list. If you do marine don't use scientific names. Nobody uses the latin names for marine fish. It's rediculous anyways since the scientific names have no use in our everyday fishkeeping lives.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Oh and where do you want the photos sent? I have all my photos kept in an online hosting site called photobucket. Can I give you the URL for each photo?

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
What we are doing is making a section of Aquarium Forum that will be fish profiles. It will detail all the different fish and give information about each. We don't want to copy photos so we will need original pictures. All anyone needs to do if you want to help is simply upload all your pics to our photo gallery, and we will look in the gallery for pics to display in the profiles section for each respective fish. Places like photobucket people delete there pics to make more room for new pics.. our gallery has no limitation as to space, so we prefer the pics be hosted here to ensure their long term availability.
The fish profiles section will actually be a different area than the message boards.

If anyone else would like to contribute please send me a message.
This is a work in progress and the contributors and system is all taking shape as we speak.

·
fishboydanny
584 Posts
could you add the link to the Fish Profiles section?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts