Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They finally came out of hiding! This is the three of them in their 40g Q-tank with Endler's as dithers. I normally hide things like heaters but my old heater crapped out on me when I raised the temp for these guys and I had to put in a new one, so I just stuck it in the easiest place so as not to disturb the fish. They have been extremely skittish. Today is the first day they have come out when someone is in the room.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
wow. they are a nice platinumy-sort of color. beautiful. if i were to choose an angel to keep, i would have wild-types as IMO they look like a FW version of the beautiful yet very infamous SW moorish idol.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How do you keep the swords and other plants in your tank green?
The key to green aquatic plants (or terrestrial, for that matter) is light and nutrients. I try to keep the proper lighting for the type of plant I have, and I also dose the tank with fertilizer for them.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow Beautiful Stellaluna!

Are you going to be transferring those angels into your bigger tank anytime sooner?
The angels will be in quarantine for several weeks, at least. They are very prone to stress at this point, and have just now relaxed enough to swim out in the open, so I will wait a while before moving them again.

·
Registered
285 Posts
The key to green aquatic plants (or terrestrial, for that matter) is light and nutrients. I try to keep the proper lighting for the type of plant I have, and I also dose the tank with fertilizer for them.
Oh I see. So then I must be on the right track.. I use Flourish as a fertilizer, and good lighting. It is 20W one, but my new ruffle sword is doing well, my smaller ruffle sword still has some brown spots, mainly because it was alive when I had a lower lighting bulb.

So I don't know if I should be cutting the brown leaves off, it has grown smaller leaves which are very green and are growing very well. I have another amazon sword which I don't know if it is Echinodorus Bleheri, but they look like a dagger/sword like appearance.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'd recommend keeping the brown leaves (as long as there is any kind of green on them) until there are more of the healthy kind, then cut them.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I'd recommend keeping the brown leaves (as long as there is any kind of green on them) until there are more of the healthy kind, then cut them.
Well, some of the older leaves are brown and green. So i don't know if some parts are already dead. Will the brown go away? or will they eventually fall off?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts