Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 100 gallon freshwater aquarium with two angels, large goldfish, a koi and a pleco. My angels have been under some distress the past couple of days due my recent tank upgrade two weeks ago. I did a water change last night and the fish seem to be more comfortable at the top of the water as if they are not getting enough oxygen. I currently have a Rena Xp2 filter canister system and a 60" bubble wand across the bottom but it doesn't seem to be enough. I am looking into purchasing a wavemaker for increasing the water circulation & wanted to know if anyone has had luck with one, which kind & what size I should get for a 100 gallon.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
I know its noisy but bring the rena's outlet to the top of the water, I dont think they are oxygen deprived with 5 feet of air action, mine hang out at the top alot. they would be gasping at the top if they wernt getting enough air. its not a comfortable look.

Wavemakers are neat you dont need one rated for the size of the tank per se just need to know how much water you want to move. I have two on the way rated for 40g tanks each. I have a 20g tank powerhead in my 55g and it moves plenty of water.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts