Aquarium Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for suggestions on why the bacterial bloom (and white foam on water surface) in my aquarium is not going away. The water pressure kept slowing in my filter, so I would try to rinse the filter pad to keep beneficial bacteria, and after awhile would need to replace because water would not flow through (one every 2wks). I keep two in the filter at a time, and occasionally rinse the whole filter for maintenance.
Noticed a thin layer of foam, so I did a 15% water change and scraped a sponge-sized amount of algae off the glass around the top of the tank. Within the next 1-2 days, cloudy water. Initially I didn’t do anything, (except add an air stone), so that it would clear up on its own. After over a week, no change. I did a 25% water change and took out an artificial plant to clean, nothing. Later used recommended amount of Fluval BioClear enzymes, no change. Second dose, no change. Waited a week, (and added a sponge filter), no change. Added a new filter so that the old one and new one were running together for a week. Then vacuumed the tank and did a 30% water change. Another week has gone by, no change. Ammonia, nitrate, & nitrite are all 0. PH is 8. My Raphael Catfish and I would greatly appreciate any help for his 30gal home.
Thanks

· Registered
66 Posts
He mentioned the size in the last sentence of his first post. Don't lightly scan the post next time, lol. Try turning off the lights if you have a bacterial problem...? It's not too late to buy a new filter to add that might do the trick. I'm not too knowledgeable but I can come up with ideas at the least.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts