Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had a horrible experience with aquariumfish.net I'm posting it here so everyone can avoid going through this hassle.
On 1/29/09 I purchased 4 ADF's and 14 neon tetras and paid for overnight delivery. My order was shipped out on 2/3/09. When I recieved my order on 2/4/09 I opened up the box to find 4 dead neon tetras. They were shipped without any heating packs. Not only were my fish dead but my order was not complete. I was missing 10 tetras & 1 frog. I contacted them right away. I was told over the phone that they would immediatly refund me for the missing and dead fish. I told them that I wanted a replacement but they insisted on the refund. I asked to be refunded for shipping as well since the only reason why I ordered from them was to buy the tetras and take advantage of their bulk shipping price. They agreed. Today (2/5) I recieved a refund for the tetras and was told that I would not be recieved a refund for the shipping costs. This is absolutly horrible! There is no way that I would have paid $25 shipping for just 3 frogs! When I told them that I would have to file a dispute wtih paypal they called me juevenille. I highly suggest that everyone avoid this company at all costs!

Here is a copy of their emails:
We have read your emails and we will issue a refund for the missing and DOA fish. The shipping charge was never negotiable.

Your refund will go through today. We are sorry for the mix up, and hoped to resolve this in a civil manner but threats are just juvenile.

Have a great day

Aquariumfish.net

Hello,
You will just have to live with your actions, as do we. There was a mistake and we did apologize on the phone. We wish that 100% of our orders would get proccessed and shipped with no problems. Unfortunately there was one with your order. Life will go on. All we can do is supply america with the best fish in the world. We are sorry your experiance was a bad one.
Have a great day
Aquariumfish.net

They don't even care that they have an unsatisfied customer!

·
Snowmonkey
36 Posts
sounds like they took a stock apology email and every few sentences added something just to pi$$ you off.

thats why im never EVER going to buy fish over the internet, i want to see them actually swimming around before i buy them

·
Registered
133 Posts
We have read your emails and we will issue a refund for the missing and DOA fish. The shipping charge was never negotiable.

Your refund will go through today. We are sorry for the mix up, and hoped to resolve this in a civil manner but threats are just juvenile.

Have a great day

Aquariumfish.net

Hello,
You will just have to live with your actions, as do we. There was a mistake and we did apologize on the phone. We wish that 100% of our orders would get proccessed and shipped with no problems. Unfortunately there was one with your order. Life will go on. All we can do is supply america with the best fish in the world. We are sorry your experiance was a bad one.
Have a great day
Aquariumfish.net

That is completely unprofessional.
"Life will go on. All we can do is supply america with the best fish in the world." I didn't know America wasn't a proper noun?

They are very juvenile.
I bet you won't be purchasing live fish off the internet again..
Did you get shipping insurance? What sort of pay system do they use?

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
Save everything you got from them and send them back their refund and go DIRECTLY to PayPal. The shipping charge and every part of the payment is covered under their guarantee and will be refunded if you file a dispute and go through them but you have to do all the communication from this point on through the PayPal Resolution Center. Do not contact them directly. Make sure you save all copies of all the things they send you and all e-mails you got and write down times of any phone calls or at least dates if you can remember any of it. It will be fine but PayPal will handle these people for you and you cannot be any worse off. That is what they are there for and that is one of the joys of paying through PayPal. They behave because they do not want to lose their ability to use the PayPal site and if they get too wise with PayPal they are suspended. They will NOT call them Juvenile, that I promise you.

Rose

Reactions: Plecomanrl

·
Registered
190 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
It really surprises me that AquariumFish.net had such horrible service. The owners have a podcast called Pet Fish Talk that has taught me so much about keeping fish. There are a couple hundred episodes in the archive and a new one almost every week. With as attentive as they are to their audience, I assumed their company's service would be great. It makes me wonder if the owners know their employees are representing them badly.

Reactions: delco

·
Registered
18 Posts
I also listen to petfishtalk and would like to read lorinda's emails. Aquariumfish.net is one of the biggest online fish distributors. Lorinda has one post on the site and don't appear to have an address.
Her posts were removed from the aquariumadvice.com forum.

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
They may be big but they will NEVER supply me with anything with employees like that. They are responsible for the actions of their employees whether they like it or not. She was their representative and her actions reflect their attitude to the public. It went out over their servers and was not something that was stopped. Sorry but they still need to be held responsible for the poor order and PayPal needs to be made aware of the incident.

Rose

·
Registered
153 Posts
Sorry!

If I were you I would go online only to buy special fish (like longnose gars:)) and buy neon tetras (and frogs) at a LPS or a LFS. Check everywhere before you buy it online.

·
Banned
3,683 Posts
All this hastle for $2.00 neon tetras. I'll stick to LFS.

Oh yea and FWIW your experience is why I don't buy livestock that has to be shipped. As you found out the warrantee does not include shipping. So If you lose a $2 fish it is not worth the $30 shipping. Or for that matter a $30 coral or fish either.

my .02

1 - 11 of 11 Posts