Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So there is a rule in my lease that says I can't keep an aquarium larger than 10 gallons... but how boring is that!? There is no limit, however, to the number of aquariums I can have. I'm wondering if you all have any ideas for how to set up multiple (2-4) tanks that share the same water. I'm thinking about some sort of a daisy-chain system.

This seems like it might make water changes a bit easier (than having multiple completely independent tanks), as well as make the setup a bit less sensitive to stuff like temperature swings, and things of that nature (I've always heard that to a certain extent, the larger the tank, the easier it is to maintain).

I am currently on a crustacean kick it seems (a crayfish and some ghost shrimp), but would like to also keep nice fish and/or plants in the other tanks to keep them from being eaten. Having varying water levels would be nice too in case I want to keep something like, say turtles, or something else that needs both land and water, or a low water level.

Do you think it is a silly idea to share water between the tanks? If not, how might you go about linking them together (preferably no glass cutting)?

·
Registered
271 Posts
it would make WC easier, but if you have substrate, you will still nbeed to vacuum each tank individually.

the easiest way would be to run a central filtration system, and have individual overflows for each tank. but this would mean either having each tank drilled, or buiilding overflows for each tank.
having them drilled would be the best way if you want different water levels.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts