Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Reefer
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I am expecting my Live Rock to arrive tomorrow. I am really excited to see what type of critters arrive in the mix. What are some of the cool critters you have all got with your live rock shipment? Let me know to feed my excitement :)

·
Aquarium Fanatic
1,267 Posts
I got say 3 or 4 sand sifters on one of my rocks, i got 4 blue leg hermits on a colony of zoanthids i have had tons of different corals grow off my LR but not to many critters

·
Reefer
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I already told phil this but the last shipment my dad got of live rock he ended up with a blue ring octopus! he was cool lookin even though he was still kind of small my dad sold him for a bit over 100 bucks! he was cooler than crap.

Reactions: MediaHound

·
Registered
16 Posts
Let me see, ohter than lots of pods I got a few fiji crabs, a brittle star or two, an sps coral that didn't make the cycle, and beware of mejano or aptasia anemone's. It really depends from where in the ocean you get your rock from. Most of mine is fiji along with some tonga branch before they stopped exporting that stuff. I would like to try some uncured carribean in a community tank since I hear they have lot's of diverse wild life in and on them.

·
Reefer
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
interesting... anyone else get any goodies in their rock?

·
Aquarium Fanatic
1,267 Posts
oh i got a snake polyp on my very first piece of LR and an unknown mushroom on my fist piece of rock, since then i have noticed everything from sponges to SPS and LPS that i am still trying to identify

·
Registered
724 Posts
Sponges, crabs, tiny feather dusters, little bristle worms, and a scallop. Live rock is so much fun!

·
Reefer
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i am most definately going to have to get my camera fixed so when i put my rock in i can take pictures after the die off and show everyone what pops up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts