Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From yours truly, a video of my LiterMeter III and my Precision Marine Kalkreactor. The video shows you how I have my LMIII hooked up to my PM Kalkreactor.. out of the sump, through the doser, into the reactor, back into the sump. With a detail of the stirring system in the reactor itself. Hope it helps anyone who wants to see how these devices operate.

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I was asked a question on the YouTube page by musho3210:
Cool, how much did the whole thing cost? Have you tried two part or a calcium reactor? What do you think worked the best for you out of the three?
Answer below:
I use a calcium reactor as well, the reactor I use needs to be upgraded to a larger size, it was not able to keep my calcium where it needed to be. Using the Kalkreactor and calcium reactor in combination works great. My alkalinity stays where it needs to be as does my calcium level. And, yes, I do regular water changes. The Litermeter was about $290 and the Precision Marine Kalkreactor runs about $260. Both are of exceptional quality. Two part is another way to stabilize the levels but the tank demand is high and I don't like messing with those liquids, I think this is much easier and I don't need to give attention to filling jugs, its more automated in my opinion.
If I did dose two part, I would still use the Litermeter pumps. You can add two additional pumps to the main timer for a total of three dosers. I first experimented with two part when Natureef came out with it probably over a decade ago. I always experiment with new things though and I really like this setup for the time being. I plan on upgrading my calcium reactor in the near future. I like the idea of dissolving crushed coral into the tank by breaking it down with CO2. It obviously gives more of a variety of trace elements to the tank than Kalkwasser alone and I also think that it gives more trace elements than some lab (or homemade) mixes (read: 2 part) can. Cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you use all kalkwasser for the top off, or did the top off system (if you have one) work separately than the litermeter? Does the litermeter come with the optional add on of a float valve or a sensor for topping off freshwater?

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts