Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have been using synthetic sea salt mixed with RO water. I dont have a RO unit so I have to buy the water from my LFS for around 1 dollar per gallon, also pay around 20 dollars for a 55 gallon bucket of sythentic salt mix. I was online and found something called Nutri Sea Salt. Its $12 for 4.4 gallons, which isnt bad since I do 2 gallon water changes every 2 weeks, its only a 12g nano. But since this has so much more bacteria it can keep up with the waist much easier, and says you only have to do water changes every month, I was thinking about ordering it. I will put the links below on were I wanna orderit from and a info link, PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK. Thanx a lot. :D

Nutri Seawater Natural Live Ocean SeaWater - 4.4 gallon | Marine Salt | Salt Mixes | Aquarium - ThatPetPlace.com

Nutri Sea Water™ Natural Live Ocean Saltwater

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
u never know what parasites could lurk in synthetic sea water.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The issue with natural sea water is that you do not know what chemicls or polutants may be in it. If the water is collected to close to the shore you can get pesticides and insecticides fertilizers ect. If collected near a harbor you can introduce petroleum's from boats. Be vary careful when using natural water in a small area, aquariums, because these chemicals, although minimal in the oceans can create havoc in aquariums. That being said natural sea water can have a very good effect as long as the water is collected from safe areas. Farther out in the ocean and away from run off areas.
I hope that this helps.
Rich

1 - 4 of 4 Posts