Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got some driftwood yesterday and I boiled it and put it in my aquarium today!!! It looks awesome!!! I am having trouble with one of the logs not sinking. I boiled it for about an hour and it still won't sink. For right now I am just letting it float at the top, but if you have any suggestions I would love to hear them. Also I would like some input on good foreground plants. Right now I have anachris, wisteria, amazon sword, and some java moss. Opinions?

Also, I got some gravel fertilizer and an Iron supplement, so lets hope my plants keep growing. Can I use algae remover with pants? I have some from before I planted my tank, and it says its safe, but I've read other places that says it's not. Anyway enjoy the pics!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Nice! This looks much better than the Roman Columns!

I've never used driftwood, but I've read that if you leave it sit in a bucket of water for a week, it will become waterlogged and will sink. Also, it will remove a good portion of the tannins so your water won't look like weak tea.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Tank looks good! Watch out, there's a dinosaur in there!

As for plants, I got some Moneywort, and it looks nice and is growing well. You might want to try that.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got more pics!!! I went and picked up some more plants today. I got some micro sword, corkscrew val, and some red ludwiga. It looks awesome! Enjoy!

·
Pleco n bn breeder n BOSS
7,685 Posts
I have had driftwood soak for 3 months and still won't sink, I had to use silicone to glue it to a piece of slate to hold it down.

Tank does look a lot better. The goldies aren't trying to eat the plants? Not very many have been able to have planted tanks with goldfish.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My grandmother gave me a huge piece of driftwood from the 70's and it was impossible to water log due to its old age. I attached a piece of billiard slate to the bottom of the driftwood and connected it with zip ties. The zip ties are unnattractive but hardly noticible. I would def. suggest billiard slate due to its weight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts