Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased 1 True Alum Angel [Wild] about 8 months ago. Since then I have fell in love with him & now thinking of converting my tank to include two species.

They would be:

5 Wild Caught Alum Angel's.
20 Harlequin Rasboros

What are your thoughts? Do i have the room?

·
fishboydanny
584 Posts
tank size? altum angels get to be bigger than the more common scalare angel... be careful with an odd number like that, because if you happen to get two pairs, the oddball may not survive...

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tank size? altum angels get to be bigger than the more common scalare angel... be careful with an odd number like that, because if you happen to get two pairs, the oddball may not survive...
I have a 55 gallon. The Problem with Altum's Wild type is sexing. It is almost impossible to sex. You need to just hope they par off.

·
Registered
756 Posts
You should be fine. Just make sure you get the other 4 at the same time to spread out the initial "fighting" for supreme leader of the angels. ;) Also try to get them close to the same size as your current one if possible.

On top of the angels and harlequin, I think your tank would look great with a few cory cats to shoal on the gravel. I personally like the Sterbai ones!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You should be fine. Just make sure you get the other 4 at the same time to spread out the initial "fighting" for supreme leader of the angels. ;) Also try to get them close to the same size as your current one if possible.

On top of the angels and harlequin, I think your tank would look great with a few cory cats to shoal on the gravel. I personally like the Sterbai ones!
I will look into some Cory cats. Thank you.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Harlequins are great little fish, and I have kept them with Discus in the past. I'm pretty sure they'd do well with Altums. Of course, when the Altums get big, there is the possibility they will try to eat the Rasboras. If you are interested in keeping only South American fish in the tank, the Rasboras don't fit, as they are an Asian species. Cardinal tetras would be a logical choice if you want to be "habitat correct." Again, though, they could become dinner when the Altums get big enough.

I'll second the opinion that cory cats would go well in the tank.

Altums are beautiful. Have fun with your tank!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts