Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I am brand new to this forum. However I have been keeping two 55s for several years. In one tank I have mainly immature SA cichlids growing strongly. The other tank is my main hobby interest as it is planted and I am continuously looking for ways to improve it and fill it with teeming plant life. This has proven very hard for me.

I, not recently, purchased a Current nova extreme retrofit kit and installed it myself but it has not yet come on line. In fact I cannot gert it to work. I have recieved a replacement ballast as well as endcaps and still not luck. This is what I do get:

The lamps fizzle at the ends as they try to turn over but do not fully light up. The bulbs work and I have three which I have tried in many confirgurations with any and all of the five endcaps sets I have (replacements and originals from the company) and bth ballasts.

Does anyone have a similar experience worth mentioning that might help me?

Oh, this is the #1915 39 watt variety

Thank you

·
Registered
943 Posts
It sounds like a short, what ballast do you have?? I have never had any issues wiring up T-5 retros or even when I piece them together and I have done at least a dozen of them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

This is the wiring diagram of my retrokit. Anyone know what the heck to do with it - it doesn't go together

1 - 3 of 3 Posts