Aquarium Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Premium Member
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I let the tank sit for 2 days and this is what it looked like.

Water Organism Pet supply Grass Aquatic plant

These were the parameters before the water change. From left to right...Ammonia...Nitrite...Nitrate

Liquid Drinkware Bottle Solution Fluid

The tank after the WC.

Water Plant Organism Grass Pet supply

Here is the kicker. I didn't think about testing pH until after the WC. But the day my tank cycled it was 7.0...Now its right around 7.6

Drinkware Table Wood Material property Font

I took my 207 apart and removed the carbon and put in more Fluval Biomax, the day after my tank cycled which was on 1/09. Other than that I have done nothing different. So, does anyone have any opinions on this?

· Registered
701 Posts
I see some leaf matter laying around. I'd make sure there's no rotting leaves hiding out and wait for wiser folks to help you out.
Looks quite a bit better after WC, maybe it will clear over night. crossing fingers

· Registered
357 Posts
I personally don't worry about it if the water goes green, so long as it tests good. Green water is great food for microscopic life, and that microscopic life feeds the next organism up the food chain and so on.

Did you ever find those 2 missing guppies? I wonder if one got sucked into the filter and it's just rotting in there. That would cause your white cloudy water from earlier this week, and unchecked certainly could cause the green water you have now.

· Registered
x2 adf 2x mollies 2x platies
48 Posts
I personally don't worry about it if the water goes green, so long as it tests good. Green water is great food for microscopic life, and that microscopic life feeds the next organism up the food chain and so on.

Did you ever find those 2 missing guppies? I wonder if one got sucked into the filter and it's just rotting in there. That would cause your white cloudy water from earlier this week, and unchecked certainly could cause the green water you have now.
Wait what.. that kinda traumtized me lol

· Premium Member
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well its been 4 days of black out.....and the result? It worked like a charm! I pulled the blanket off and turned on the light and it was beautiful. I took a pic and then fed the fish. Then I did a 50% WC. Just waiting for it to settle before I take one pic of the final product. Pics coming.. :love:

· Premium Member
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok, the first pic is right when I removed the blanket.

Water Plant Vertebrate Organism Pet supply

This second pic is after the WC.

(y)(y)
Water Vertebrate Plant Nature Pet supply

I am missing a few more guppies. And the female that was about to pop looks like she gave birth, but I don't see any fry around. I'm guessing they got gobbled up due to no feeding for 4 days.

Thank you Susan for the expert advice!:D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts