Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
Today, i got myself a lil gift, or what i thought was a gift.. A mandarin goby/ dragonette (what have you) and ive seen some of them eat shrimp, fresh tuna etc... and some that are trained..HOW DO I TRAIN MINE.
OH, by the way.. i have a 29g biocube with around 40ish lbs of live rock with a six-line wrasse and 2 clowns and coral etc... so nothing that is aggressive so i dont feel that i need to segregate him.. Also, should i jump start the population of copepods.. if so which brand?
thanks!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
the six line wrasse will out compete the dragonette for pods. If you want to keep them both then you sould start to feed your tank photoplankton and things like that to keep the pod population up for them. Also do you have a refuge on you tank?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no, but i grow pods, i am putting a container in there just for the goby to get pods, hes doing good right now,. its been a few days tho

·
Registered
943 Posts
IMO you are going to have a difficult time keeping a mandarin in that small of a tank in my opinion you should have at least 80lbs of LR and a fuge to keep a mandarin and even then your 6 line will out compete the mandarin for food and not all mandarins will accept prepared foods in fact very few will.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IMO you are going to have a difficult time keeping a mandarin in that small of a tank in my opinion you should have at least 80lbs of LR and a fuge to keep a mandarin and even then your 6 line will out compete the mandarin for food and not all mandarins will accept prepared foods in fact very few will.
i knw .. he does tho, already trained

·
Registered
16 Posts
Try tigerpods from Reed Mariculture - Just warm them to tank temp before introducing them to the tank. You should also do this when the lights are off and the fish are as asleep as they can be to give them a better chance to hide in the rocks and start reproducing. You may have to do this a couple of times cause as already noted the wrasse will play havac on the population.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts