Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put one of the adult Honduram managuense from the pond int the special photo tank that I made. This guy is easily thirteen inches...so there wasn't much room for the fish to move around in the twenty gallon tank..I got quite a few photos like this one:

And I almost packed it in. Generally the fish has to get acclimated in a new tank when coming from the pond...new room with a view syndrome. All of a sudden I was shocked to see that the fish started reacting to me and the lens. I take the photos with all of the lights off. And with the 105mm Macro lens I am generally six foot from the tank. For about fifteen minutes he just literally lost his mind flaring and biting. Glad I didn't shut it down now.

I also got one of my favorite "hoover vacuum" shots.

·
fishboydanny
584 Posts
what a beautiful cichlid! you should be proud to raise such an impressive cichlid! i could never get it straight though: is this the cichlid known as the jaguar guapote?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what a beautiful cichlid! you should be proud to raise such an impressive cichlid! i could never get it straight though: is this the cichlid known as the jaguar guapote?
It's common name is either the Jaguar Cichlid...or the Aztec Cichlid.

Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts