Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
New Member Manager
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in my 55g immitation tank, i decorate it with fake coral. although it is very pretty, i use a brush to clean it, and i noticed that over time, the color fades. does anyone know how to clean decorations without the colors dulling? thanks in advance. :)

·
Registered
724 Posts
I really don't know. Do you use anything other than the brush, or do you just scrub it? I've never seen the colored coral not fade over time and cleanings. Maybe soak it in hot water, or water with a little vinegar, to loosen up the gunk first so you don't have so scrub so hard to get it clean. Just a thought...

·
Registered
724 Posts
Unfortunately I don't think there's a solution to that one. All those colored corals fade over time no matter how easy you are on them

·
Registered
6 Posts
yeah, thats what i thought. its not only colored corals, but everything else that is painted. o well. anyone wanna donate some $$$$ to me to buy fish stuff? :p

yeah, i was just kidding... :p
Cant donate money but I do offer all Aquarium Forums member a 10 percent discount at my store! LOL.

When you scrub the coral due to its porus nature make sure you get all the algae off. If not its comes back alot quicker.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts