Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My tiger barbs just started doing this a couple of days ago. Is there anything I can do to stop this. Sorry about the terrible image quality, Youtube wont let me upload high quality videos for some reason.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have three in there and they have never even thought about chasing any other fish. If this is normal behavior then why did it just start after three months of being in the tank.

·
Pleco n bn breeder n BOSS
7,685 Posts
It can take that long for the fish to be really adjusted to the tank and making territories. If you google them you will find that most sites will tell you about this. They are a nice fish but need to be in schools of 6 or more so that they will show most of the aggression to each other and not to other fish. Its normal action of barbs.

·
Catch and Release
263 Posts
Thats just how tiger barbs are. If they aren't fighting with each other they are fighting with other fish. They can usually take the punishment from each other. Make sure they don't start harassing the other fish.

·
fishboydanny
584 Posts
it looks like the two fighters have a lot more red than the third that passes the foreground..... i think you have two male and one female....

·
Registered
36 Posts
agreed with the above my barbs just fight because they can

·
Registered
91 Posts
Everything everyone is saying sounds right to me. Mine all get along really well though, but I have 5 (recently added 4 green tiger barbs also though so 9 total). When I add new fish they will nip at them for a little then they get bored with that and just chase each other around again. Yours seem a little more violent than mine but like everyone else said, that is just how they are. How big is your tank? If it is small I am sure that will make them fight more.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I had 4 tiger Barbs and brought them back after a week. They fought & started harassing my other fish. They also ate all the fish food before my other fish had a chance. I see you have a leaf fish. I had a small one, But once he got bigger he became territorial. I gave him up once he ate my $20.00 female aposto. That was his last meal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts