Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 2 tiger barb putting there mouth in mouth getting round very fast. What it means they are fighting or just playing. Is there is anything wrong in it??

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
What size is the tank.... and what else do you have in there.

Puntius tetrazona aka "Tigar Barb" - The Tiger Barb may become aggressive and start to peck at the fins of other fish such as Angelfish or anything with longer/flowing fins. This behavior can be avoided if you keep them in groups of 6 or more so they so they spend more time chasing and nipping each other. Lonely tiger barbs, on the other hand, seem to feel bored or insecure and start fin nipping as some sort of defensive instinct. I would increace the school by at least by 4. You may have ended up with two males, but usually jaw locking is fighting.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I loved my tiger barbs, and although aggressive at some times, they are also very beautiful to watch. I wouldn't worry too much. They are either mating or showing aggression toward each other, however it's pretty rare that they kill each other off.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mine were gold with red noses and tails and black stripes and then I also had a dark green kind instead of gold, and albinos are a dlilute of the gold. They are all the same fish, differently colored and readily available in the fish trade. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts