Aquarium Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if there were any other Fahaka Puffer parents out there??馃槂
I'd love to hear about information that we could gleam from you all; the pros & cons!馃槂
What they're like?
We're actually waiting for ours to arrive now and we've been researching and ordering food and preparing his cage. We've chosen a name for ours, Sumo!馃槀馃槀馃槀 because he'll reach the sumo's size! Not at first buy eventually!馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀
I'd or we'd love to hear from you all!
Thanks!!馃槂

Registered
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I was just wondering if there were any other Fahaka Puffer parents out there??馃槂
I'd love to hear about information that we could gleam from you all; the pros & cons!馃槂
What they're like?
We're actually waiting for ours to arrive now and we've been researching and ordering food and preparing his cage. We've chosen a name for ours, Sumo!馃槀馃槀馃槀 because he'll reach the sumo's size! Not at first buy eventually!馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀
I'd or we'd love to hear from you all!
Thanks!!馃槂
Hi!!!馃槂馃槂
An update here!!
Sumo will beee arriving tomorrow!! With bells on!!馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀
We are sooo excited! Another new adventure for this family! Yippee!馃槂
We've prepared and prepared and researched and prayed...here goes everything!!馃槀馃槀馃槀
Just wanted to share our excitement!!馃榾馃榾

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi!!!馃槂馃槂
An update here!!
Sumo will beee arriving tomorrow!! With bells on!!馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀
We are sooo excited! Another new adventure for this family! Yippee!馃槂
We've prepared and prepared and researched and prayed...here goes everything!!馃槀馃槀馃槀
Just wanted to share our excitement!!馃榾馃榾
Hi!!! 馃槂馃槂馃槂
Well, Sumo has arrived!! We are like soooo happy. He's not even an inch long, which we feel really bad but this is what we've been dealt with...
He's beautiful and the acclimation has gone nicely. Yes, he's hiding but this is "normal" and I was even able to get him to eat some blood worms too which blessed me! This is a very good sign!馃槂

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats. He'll grow fast, a healthy one can grow 14 inches the first year then up to 18 in his second year. Hope you have a big enough tank for him, recommended 100 gal. for 1
Hi!!馃槂馃槂馃槂
Ohhh, yes!! This isn't an over-the-night thing for us for we've spent a year deciding.
Thank you it means so much to me.
I have just been praying for him; you know? I'd post pictures but he's, Sumo, is very small, if he's lucky, about an inch; bless his heart... I sigh...in a way, I truly feel sorry for him...he's probably sooo scared...geez.... We've really loaded up his habitat with plants and a nice size cave for him though.
Do you think that I should do some preventive meds with him, Susan? I've been tossing this back-an-forth...hmmm...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi!!
An update for little Sumo!馃槂
He's actually swimming around a little more, still hiding and unsure yet. I fed him some blood worms and was very surprised to see him "take the bait" all pun included!馃槀馃槀馃槀 his bladder snails came in today and immediately placed them into his cage and figured he can snack and try to have some fun with them; there are some ram snails on the way too for him.
I cannot wait until he gets a little more bigger though then he will be seen much more better to watch; you know? For Fahaka's have such wonderful personalities!!馃槂馃槂

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi!!
An update for little Sumo!馃槂
He's actually swimming around a little more, still hiding and unsure yet. I fed him some blood worms and was very surprised to see him "take the bait" all pun included!馃槀馃槀馃槀 his bladder snails came in today and immediately placed them into his cage and figured he can snack and try to have some fun with them; there are some ram snails on the way too for him.
I cannot wait until he gets a little more bigger though then he will be seen much more better to watch; you know? For Fahaka's have such wonderful personalities!!馃槂馃槂
Hi!!
3rd day update on Sumo!馃槂
He's actually beginning to swim around the tank so much more now! How exciting! My husband got to get a really good look at our new little guy this evening. He's sooo tiny; I'm dead serious! To think he's going to be a size of a Sumo wrestler just astounds me! 馃槀馃槀馃槀 looking at him now, we just shake our heads...
He was fed a little blood worms once again, for we're feeding him, the schedule that we were given for right now, every other day, and he's been accepting food!馃槂 this is a veryyy good sign!馃榾馃榾
Well, thanks for listening, we're just sooo excited!馃槂 and have been praying...

Registered
That鈥檚 very cool. If I鈥檓 not mistaken that is the puffer Aquarium Co-op has. It has so much personality and lives with dozens of fancy guppies. Which seem to survive . I would鈥檝e thought they鈥檇 serve as a renewed source of food for the puffer but from what I could tell he just likes shelled live foods I think. Snails, clams, etc

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That鈥檚 very cool. If I鈥檓 not mistaken that is the puffer Aquarium Co-op has. It has so much personality and lives with dozens of fancy guppies. Which seem to survive . I would鈥檝e thought they鈥檇 serve as a renewed source of food for the puffer but from what I could tell he just likes shelled live foods I think. Snails, clams, etc
Hi!!馃槀馃槀
Are you serious? Guppies?
That's funny because I was just telling my hubby that a 100 gallon tank is fine for Sumo buttt... I can't seem to see it for just being only for him; you know? What a waste. I actually seen a really neat video of this woman who had one and, yes, he was huge, but with so much personality and he was living with others!馃槂 believe me, I've done my research and they say that Silver Dollars are excellent fish for these guys and I've raised them myself and they also get huge too!! Sooo... I think I'll get like 5 or 6 of these guys; what do you think? Guppies? 馃槀馃槀 yes, I agree with you-for food- butt...馃槀馃槀馃槀

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi!馃槂
Just a quick update on Sumo$
Hi!!馃槀馃槀
Are you serious? Guppies?
That's funny because I was just telling my hubby that a 100 gallon tank is fine for Sumo buttt... I can't seem to see it for just being only for him; you know? What a waste. I actually seen a really neat video of this woman who had one and, yes, he was huge, but with so much personality and he was living with others!馃槂 believe me, I've done my research and they say that Silver Dollars are excellent fish for these guys and I've raised them myself and they also get huge too!! Sooo... I think I'll get like 5 or 6 of these guys; what do you think? Guppies? 馃槀馃槀 yes, I agree with you-for food- butt...馃槀馃槀馃槀
Hi!馃槂
Just a really quick update on Sumo!馃槂
He isn't "hiding" anymore and he's eating regularly!馃槂 and, he's showing signs of his "personality" already! Bless his microscopic heart!馃槀馃槀馃槀
I'd post some pictures of our beautiful new baby but you all would be like, "where's the fish?" for at this time it's impossible to see him in his cage right now but I promise that as soon as he gets "some meat" on him, it would be my pleasure to post pictures then!馃槀馃槀
I'm really looking forward to raising him from this tiny, tiny baby into the "son" that he'll become to us and our family!馃槀馃槀馃槀

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi!馃槂
Just a quick update on Sumo$

Hi!馃槂
Just a really quick update on Sumo!馃槂
He isn't "hiding" anymore and he's eating regularly!馃槂 and, he's showing signs of his "personality" already! Bless his microscopic heart!馃槀馃槀馃槀
I'd post some pictures of our beautiful new baby but you all would be like, "where's the fish?" for at this time it's impossible to see him in his cage right now but I promise that as soon as he gets "some meat" on him, it would be my pleasure to post pictures then!馃槀馃槀
I'm really looking forward to raising him from this tiny, tiny baby into the "son" that he'll become to us and our family!馃槀馃槀馃槀
Hi!馃槂
Update on Sumo...
It's been a week since he's arrived and he now isn't even "hiding" anymore. He skims back-an-forth the top of the tank. He's probably wanting more food but he gets blood worms once-a-day and we keep snails in his tank that he can snack on when he wants something. I'm being a good girl and not feeding him more than once-a-day though. Tempted but I refuse!馃槀馃槀
It shouldn't be very long before he reaches 2 inches but we'll wait and see, I guess.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts