Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
OBSESSED with carp
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have 2 ranchu goldfish. One day, one of them got sick. It turned out they both had hemorrhagic septicemia. I tried treating both of them with tetracycline, tetra lifeguard and triple sulfa. None of those worked. We ended up taking the fish to the vet. It turns out that the antibiotics from the pet store only stop the bacteria from reproducing, it does not kill it. Both of the fish got 5 ceftazidime shots each. Ceftazidime kills the bacteria.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Yhat is excellent info to share. So was that 5 shots each? spread out over a period of time? or was the shot itself called that? I am truly interested. Thank you.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I am thinking yours are quite large? I have been into tropical fish for quite some time and only recently been gifted with a tiny young fantail I have named Spike. Today I found him a friend.... another fantail I have named Spuds. Now these smaller than a ping pong ball fish will never grow to the size of your Ranchu but I currently have them in a 75g.... yes, they do look lost in there! I am currently reading the particulars on these and came across your post. I appreciate you taking the time to put that out there.

·
OBSESSED with carp
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am thinking yours are quite large? I have been into tropical fish for quite some time and only recently been gifted with a tiny young fantail I have named Spike. Today I found him a friend.... another fantail I have named Spuds. Now these smaller than a ping pong ball fish will never grow to the size of your Ranchu but I currently have them in a 75g.... yes, they do look lost in there! I am currently reading the particulars on these and came across your post. I appreciate you taking the time to put that out there.
They are pretty small. The smaller one weighed 20 grams. They are a lot larger now. Maybe twice the size. Your fish will probably grow larger than the ranchu because they are fantails. The ranchus are around 4 inches each.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts