• Large Schooling

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Cleaners (like alage eaters)

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Entertainment Commitee
314 Posts
personally i dont like preds i like schoolers and hiders lol and algae eaters lol yea thats primarily my tastes

·
Banned
1,148 Posts
I prefer smaller predators, such as cichlids, or Natives because to me they seem to have more personality, lots are loners, and territorial, i prefer the smaller ones because you dont have to have huge tanks to house them. Hmmm, just thought of another topic for a poll. Do you suppose the kind of fish we keep reflects our own personalities???

·
Registered
57 Posts
I agree with jim. even if i could afford the huge tank that i want, i would still have small predators, just a lot more of them. :) AND, designing an environment for your fish, as well as the specific set-up, and method of maintenance, can be considered an art form in my eyes. and as with any art form, your art is a direct reflection of ones personality. that is why everyones tanks are unique in theyre very own way, much like how everyones personality is unique, in theyre very own way.

Reactions: JIM

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Fish are food not friends, ahem.

I have both small schooling and small schooling predators in the same tank, but thats how this little piece of the world is and well I made a tank to replicate that.

To each their own really.

Fish kinda reflect ones personality but dogs and cats reflect it better then fin friends.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Well, there are a few preds I like, like Arowanas and Gars, I wouldn't mind keeping Arowanas if I had a huge tank and space. But I'm more of a smaller and schooling fish typr of person. Altho, I'm not really much into cichlids, I do love Angelfish and Discus. That's pretty much it as far as that goes. I also like most livebearers, all sorts of goldfish, and every once in a while, as probably most of us do, run into a very cool fish outside of what we like and say, "That fish is very cool, I may want one." lol

Oh yeah, the only other big fish I think I like are Kois. But haven't decided on ponds yet.

And yes, I agree with Jim....fish can reflect our personalities. But I also agree with WhiteDevil, dogs can reflect our personalities as well.

Having that said, let's analize...why do we think fish we keep, reflect our personalities?

For example, I like schooling fish. Me? I prefer to be around people. I like Angels and Discus cause they're nice and cool, people admire them, yet they don't act snobby. Me? I'm an easy person to get along with, I make friends where ever I go, I'm a loveable person....yet, I'm not snobby nor do I let that go to my head. That is what make me.....me. :)

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
I like schooling fish but hate being around people. I still am a loner but a loner with a wife and kids. I despise crowds of any size, been like that since I was a wee tot( suprise part 1986 turned 6, punched the first kid right in the kisser that jumped out at me) I cant explain it its just me. Opposites attract.

·
Entertainment Commitee
314 Posts
im the same dang way thats why i hate even going to work lol

i done much better driving tractor ahhahahaha i hate malls, or anywhere with a lot of people lol i wanna make them all die a few friends here and there are good to have around but other than that its bad

1 - 8 of 8 Posts