Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Jarred told me to post this and he would make this a sticky!

I am writer for TFH magazine and other magazines, and over the years the one subject that people ask me over and over is what to do with algae in the aquarium. I have put together a detailed report on every known treatment of algae control, treatment, and prevention, and I am offering this booklet for sale. It ships after June 15th, but if you order it now with a special coupon code, you get two dollars off, and in addition one dollar for each copy sold is donated to this forum!

Here is the speil;

Introducing "The Algae Report" a detailed look at algae in the fresh water aquarium and how to treat it, identify it, and prevent it.

After years of research we have tackled the single biggest issue facing the aquarium hobbyist and put it together into an easy to read printed booklet. You will learn:

different types of algae
their treatment
prevention
natural chemical free algacides
appropiate algae eating fish and other animals
algae in the planted aquarium
algae in ponds
methods of cleaning aquarium ornaments

Cost is $9.95 Ships after June 15th. Order now and recieve a two dollar pre-order discount. Free shipping by postal book rate to the continental USA. Areas outside the USA will incur appropiate shipping charge.

Use the coupon code AFALGA to get the 2 dollar pre-order discount, and one dollar will also be donated to this web site!

Place your order HERE

Only the AFALGA code will generate a donation to this site.

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
Coupon code "AFALGA" is not a valid coupon code. This was the message I got trying to use this coupon code. So ??.

I will be glad to order but this is an invalid code for some reason.

Rose

·
Goodwill Ambassador
377 Posts
It sounds like a very good deal, and a very timely subject.

Are you thinking perhaps of another book/pamphlet about snail overgrowth in the aquarium? I'd buy that one, too.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have others on the drawing board, but that wasn't one of them! I will keep that in mind though! Maybe something on all sorts of pests, parasites and so forth, worms, leeches, planaria, hydra, snails and so forth. Would that work?

oh, and if anyone is outside the USA, you will not be able to order it from my WEB site, you will have to email me to make arrangements.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cool! Sounds like a good idea! I added "USPS media book" as one of the shipping options when you order, but you are not charged for it. Its free. If you want it to arrive any faster, then you will be charged the shipping cost. Remember, it ships after June 15th.

W

·
0 Posts
You dont happen to have an E-Book of this, do you?

Books dont fair too well with a demonic toddler running a muck in my kingdom.

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
The book on parasites sounds great! The material on that subject is kind of shy and hard to find so it would be popular I am sure. I ordered my copy of the Algae Report and am looking forward to adding it to my library. Thanks for the great offer. Thanks for changing the website to include the shipping option, it kind of stopped me short before. Sorry I had to bother you so often.

Rose

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey no problem Rose, you helped me work out the bugs. I have two orders from this site so far. Remember, part of the money goes to help this site! gee, nobody laughed at my picture!

·
Goodwill Ambassador
377 Posts
I just received mine yesterday in the mail. I must say, this is a very well written concise booklet about the types of algae, what causes their growth, and how to rid it. Comes with pictures. I'm very impressed with this little power packed volume. I don't have as much time to read off-line these days. This perfectly fit the bill for me.

Thank you AquaBotanics.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you for the kind words and I am glad the booklet has met a need for you. I'm afraid the intro offer did not generate a huge amount of money for this site, but I am very grateful to this web site for giving me the opportunity to show my wares here. Over all, the booklet did well for me, selling over 50 copies in the last 30 days. I am going to work on others in a series including Freshwater Aquarium pests, The aquarium nitrogen cycle, C02 in the aquarium, and more in the same quick reference format. If you have any ideas for further subjects, please let me know. Thanks again.

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
I, also, received my booklet today and am impressed with the amount of knowledge packed into it. Thank you for offering it to us. I look forward to any other offerings you may have for us.

Rose

1 - 17 of 17 Posts