Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a great time and age we live in. I am at the age that I remember hopping on a bicycle and peddling to the library to research a subject. A computer was unheard of. I guess you really don't realize what a great tool the internet is until you walk away from something you completed fully aware that every success tool was at your disposal. This was evident on the start of a 30 gallon tank startup that my daughter and I attempted a month ago. I was walked through step by step by various forum contributors from start to finish. This info was more valuable than any I could have received from a LFS employee or department store clerk. The tank is fully cycled and healthy, and yet we were "tank virgins". What a great forum this is that people so unselfishly share their time and expertise to assure successful fish keeping for all. This can only come from enthusiasm for the hobby, and love for all things aquatic.:):):):):)

·
Registered
860 Posts
I must agree here, this site is simply amazing. Before, I was a guy who had some fish at points in his life. Every day I feel I get closer to becoming a true aquarium keeper. I remember just trying to read the books at the library in school on fish and tanks, but I must say, nothing is better than real life experiences from your peers, and those peers on here are single handily the nicest people I have ever come in contact with. My fish thank you!!

·
Registered
498 Posts
I also find this site so much more cordial than some of the others. And when you're at the point where you just can't possibly take on another tank of your own, it can be fun to live vicariously through others as they plan their first tank, or second, or third...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts