Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a rainbow shark alone in a 29 gal. tank because he was killing fish in my community tank. Any ideas on who could exist with him? He's about 3 inches long.
I hate to keep a tank for him and I don't really want to kill him or give him away.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have (in my 180 gallon);
- Iridescent sharks
- Columbian cat sharks
- Angelica catfish
- Tri-color sharks
- Rainbow sharks
- Red tail shark
- Roseline shark
- Plecos
- Angelfish
- Danios & giant danios
- And a bunch of small random fish

The largest Tri-color sometimes harasses the largest Iridescent, but other than that everyone leaves each other alone.

You probably just have a very aggressive fish - just put something in there that's bigger than him. Get a pleco, they are tough - a rainbow wouldn't be able to hurt it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
So far I have housed my Rainbow Shark (about 2-3 inches) with 6 glofish danios, 5 white clouds, and 5 tiger barbs.

The tiger barbs are acting funny, and half of them are missing parts of their fin, but I'm not sure if the Rainbow Shark is the culprit. He is aggressive towards them, but only when they get close to his home.

He oddly never bothers with the danios and white clouds despite them being significantly smaller than him.

What did you have before that he killed?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The following died, may or may not be due to him. Opaline gourami, 3-4 lemon tetras, 3-4 white clouds, 3-4 fancy guppies.

I have gold barbs that seemed unaffected by him. I may fill tank with various barbs.

A female beta survived 2 months with him also.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
So far I have housed my Rainbow Shark (about 2-3 inches) with 6 glofish danios, 5 white clouds, and 5 tiger barbs.

The tiger barbs are acting funny, and half of them are missing parts of their fin, but I'm not sure if the Rainbow Shark is the culprit. He is aggressive towards them, but only when they get close to his home.

He oddly never bothers with the danios and white clouds despite them being significantly smaller than him.

What did you have before that he killed?
my buddy gave me his tiger barbs after 6 of 8 were killed by the shark.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts