Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help me please. we have just got our tank about 2 months ago it is 90 litres with 3 goldfish 2 orandas (1 is tiny) 1 guppy and 4 tiny little fish. We have put in it two real plants and it is turning green the water looks clear but the glass is really green. the water was cloudy but is now ok as we treated it. should i take the plants out or leave them. with regards to my last post the fish i thought was ill is now ok. does anyone know if a male guppy needs females as our one died last week and he looks lonely as they stuck together all the time.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
First off, alot of people keep all male guppies as they don't want tank full of guppies, but him being complete alone with no other guppies in the tank he feel unsecure in the tank. As far as the the algea thats on the glass you can remove it two ways first you can use a razor and and scrape it off, they sell a long handle scrape at any LFS or you can buy a Mag-Float that you use to scrub it off. The cause of this is generally leaving the light on for too long. You want to leave the lights on with live plants for 10 to 12 hours a day. You can go to any hardware store and get a cheap timer that will automaticly turn them off and on. Also test you water the water you are putting in and the water in the tank, than I might be able to tell you more.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Also it might not be a great idea to keep those other fish with goldfish, in my experience the ammonia will be way too strong for those other fish even with WC's. You might want to think about not putting anything u wouldnt want to lose in with those goldfish.

·
Registered
81 Posts
In re: to your tank turning green, does direct sunlight hit it much during the day? If so, that could be contributing to it.

Good luck with it.

Donna

1 - 5 of 5 Posts